Run • Walk • Honor
Cost: $30 or $25 for EMS personnel
Stuff We All Get: Comfy EMS Strong T-shirt (unisex) and a custom EMS Strong finisher medal.
**Extra shirts available for purchase please email firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information**
Registration closes September 6th.
**Shirts and medals will be mailed out once registration is closed**
You must run the race during September 6-12 and report your results on this page.
We are asking racers to stay close to home, head out only if you’re feeling healthy and practice social distancing.
We hate we are going to miss seeing you all, but don’t forget to wear blue, red or white flashing lights and share your photos with #emsstrong5k
or tag us on Facebook! We would love to see you all completing the run!
Traditionally, we host our EMS Strong 5K during EMS week to honor our region’s EMS providers and to promote the health and wellness of EMS providers through a commitment to nutrition and exercise. Unfortunately, we had to postpone this year and due to current restrictions we will host a virtual run that can be completed the week of September 6-12.
The new time frame will include September 11 Virginia’s First Responders Day.
What is EMS Week? In 1974, President Gerald Ford authorized EMS Week to celebrate EMS practitioners and the important work they do in our nation's communities. EMS Week brings together local communities and medical personnel to honor the dedication of those who provide the day-to-day lifesaving services of medicine's "front line." EMS Week is the perfect time to recognize EMS and all that its practitioners do for our nation. EMS week is held May 17-23
Proceeds go to benefit the Southwest Virginia EMS Council and our continued health initiative.
Please contact Andrew Haynes email@example.com or 276-628-4151 with any questions.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
We’ve made virtual racing simple and fun. Here’s how:
- Sign Up for the EMS Strong Virtual 5K Run and Walk on this page.
- The virtual race will be placed on your Final Surge calendar for Saturday, June 27th. Using the Final Surge app or web platform, you can move this planned race to any day between Sunday, June 21st and Saturday, June 27th.
- Run, jog or walk indoors on a treadmill or outdoors, it’s up to you. We just want you to be active!
- Sync your results to the planned race using one of the many platforms we connect with: Connected Apps & Devices.
- If you ran on a treadmill, don’t have GPS device data, or choose not to use the Final Surge app, you can always enter your results manually by coming back to this page after you have registered.
- After you have raced, view where you rank on our live leaderboard & results page.
RUN WITH FRIENDS
This event is open to any and all runners. Feel free to invite your training partners, friends or family members to participate.