Looking for more than just a one-day challenge? New to running? Or need to run to stay physically and mentally healthy? Looking for some community and mojo?
Join PROJECT5K for four weeks of workouts, instruction and community. And did we mention great sponsor giveaways?
Choose from any one of three 5k training plans -- each four weeks long -- to prepare for our virtual 5k on May 9th. Endurance Nation, led by Head Coach Patrick McCrann, is providing the plans and resources to help you get running, get fit, or get faster. Patrick has been helping athletes since 2004, he has completed more than 30 Ironman races, raced the Boston Marathon a few times and magically went sub-3 in a marathon just once (that’s all that counts!).
Train Weekly for a Chance to Win a Prize.
Complete the Virtual 5k Race for the Big Drawing!
To help with motivation, we have reached out to industry partners for great running gifts.
All Registered Runners will be entered in a weekly drawing for one sponsor gift. Join the weekly Facebook Live event to recap your training week, get your questions answered and find out the weekly winner(s).
HOW DOES IT WORK?
We've made virtual racing simple and fun. Here's how:
- Sign Up For Just $5 (our admin costs)
- Choose your training plan level (Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced) to be placed on your Final Surge calendar. If you already have a plan in place, you can opt to just load the race event itself and still participate in the community part of PROJECT5K
- The PROJECT5K Virtual race will be placed on your calendar for Saturday, May 9th. Using the Final Surge app or web platform, you can move this planned race to Sunday, May 10th if you prefer to race on Sunday instead of Saturday.
- Run, jog or walk indoors on a treadmill or outdoors, it's up to you. We just want you to be active!
- Sync your results to the planned race using one of the many platforms we connect with: Connected Apps & Devices. If you ran on a treadmill or don't have GPS device data, you can always enter your results manually using our app by typing your completed time and distance into the race.
- After you have raced, view where you rank on our live leaderboard here: View Results. These results will be updated on a daily basis.
- On Monday, May 11th, official results will be released, and we'll announce the winners of the final drawing.
RUN WITH FRIENDS
This event is open to any and all runners. Feel free to invite your training partners, friends or family members to participate. Our goal is to give you a quality schedule and support to achieve a short-term goal that can get you on track for the rest of 2020.